Locale::Po4a::TextSection: Po4a Tools (3pm)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMELocale::Po4a::Text - convert text documents from/to PO files
DESCRIPTIONThe po4a (PO for anything) project goal is to ease translations (and more interestingly, the maintenance of translations) using gettext tools on areas where they were not expected like documentation.
Locale::Po4a::Text is a module to help the translation of text documents into other [human] languages.
Paragraphs are split on empty lines (or lines containing only spaces or tabulations).
OPTIONS ACCEPTED BY THIS MODULEThese are this module's particular options:
- Treat paragraphs that look like a key value pair as verbatim (with the no-wrap flag in the PO file). Key value pairs are defined as a line containing one or more non-colon and non-space characters followed by a colon followed by at least one non-space character before the end of the line.
Deactivate detection of bullets.
By default, when a bullet is detected, the bullet paragraph is not considered as a verbatim paragraph (with the no-wrap flag in the PO file), but the module rewraps this paragraph in the generated PO file and in the translation.
Specify how tabulations shall be handled. The mode can be any of:
- Lines with tabulations introduce breaks in the current paragraph.
- Paragraph containing tabulations will not be re-wrapped.
By default, tabulations are considered as spaces.
- A regular expression matching lines which introduce breaks. The regular expression will be anchored so that the whole line must match.
- Handle the header and footer of released versions, which only contain non translatable informations.
- Handle the fortunes format, which separate fortunes with a line which consists in '%' or '%%', and use '%%' as the beginning of a comment.
- Handle some special markup in Markdown-formatted texts.
- Handle documents in the AsciiDoc format.
- Handle control files. A comma-separated list of tags to be translated can be provided.
- Prevent po4a from wrapping lines.
STATUS OF THIS MODULETested successfully on simple text files and NEWS.Debian files.
Nicolas François <firstname.lastname@example.org>
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2005-2008 by Nicolas FRANÇOIS <email@example.com>.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GPL (see the COPYING file).
- OPTIONS ACCEPTED BY THIS MODULE
- STATUS OF THIS MODULE
- COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This document was created by using the manual pages.
Time: 07:36:26 GMT, September 10, 2017