PO4A-UPDATEPOSection: Po4a Tools (1p)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEpo4a-updatepo - update the translation (in PO format) of documentation
SYNOPSISpo4a-updatepo -f fmt (-m master.docE)+ (-p XX.po)+
DESCRIPTIONThe po4a (PO for anything) project goal is to ease translations (and more interestingly, the maintenance of translations) using gettext tools on areas where they were not expected like documentation.
The po4a-updatepo script is in charge of updating PO files to make them reflect the changes made to the original documentation file. For that, it converts the documentation file to a POT file, and call msgmerge(1) on this new POT and on the provided PO files.
It is possible to give more than one PO file (if you want to update several languages at once), and several documentation files (if you want to store the translations of several documents in the same PO file).
- -f, --format
- Format of the documentation you want to handle. Use the --help-format option to see the list of available formats.
- -m, --master
- File(s) containing the master document to translate.
- -M, --master-charset
- Charset of the files containing the document to translate. Note that all files must have the same charset.
- -p, --po
- PO file(s) to update. If these files do not exist, they are created by po4a-updatepo.
- -o, --option
- Extra option(s) to pass to the format plugin and other po4a internal module. Specify each option in the 'name=value' format. See the documentation of each plugin for more information about the valid options and their meanings.
- This option removes --previous from the options passed to msgmerge. This permits to support versions of gettext earlier than 0.16.
- This option adds --previous to the options passed to msgmerge. It requires gettext 0.16 or later, and is activated by default.
- --msgmerge-opt options
- Extra options for msgmerge.
- -h, --help
- Show a short help message.
- List the documentation formats understood by po4a.
- -V, --version
- Display the version of the script and exit.
- -v, --verbose
- Increase the verbosity of the program.
- -d, --debug
- Output some debugging information.
- porefs type[,wrap|nowrap]
Specify the reference format. Argument type can be one of none to not
produce any reference, noline to not specify the line number (more
accurately all line numbers are replaced by 1), counter to replace line
number by an increasing counter, and full to include complete
Argument can be followed by a comma and either wrap or nowrap keyword. References are written by default on a single line. The wrap option wraps references on several lines, to mimic gettext tools (xgettext and msgmerge). This option will become the default in a future release, because it is more sensible. The nowrap option is available so that users who want to keep the old behavior can do so.
- --msgid-bugs-address email@address
- Set the report address for msgid bugs. By default, the created POT files have no Report-Msgid-Bugs-To fields.
- --copyright-holder string
- Set the copyright holder in the POT header. The default value is ``Free Software Foundation, Inc.''
- --package-name string
- Set the package name for the POT header. The default is ``PACKAGE''.
- --package-version string
- Set the package version for the POT header. The default is ``VERSION''.
SEE ALSOpo4a-gettextize(1), po4a-normalize(1), po4a-translate(1), po4a(7)
Denis Barbier <firstname.lastname@example.org> Nicolas François <email@example.com> Martin Quinson (mquinson#debian.org)
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSECopyright 2002-2012 by SPI, inc.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GPL (see the COPYING file).
This document was created by using the manual pages.
Time: 22:04:38 GMT, January 20, 2014